Republic of the Philippines
BOHOL ISLAND STATE UNIVERSITY
The Board or Regents of the Bohol Island State University Announces the Opening of the Search for BISU President
NOTICE OF SEARCH FOR BISU PRESIDENCY
- Not less than thirty-five (35) years old and not more than sixty-one (61) years old at the time of application. Sixty-one (61) years old shall mean from actual date of birth and not a day older beyond 61 years old.
- A natural born Filipino citizen.
- Holder of an earned Doctorate degree from a reputable higher education institution.
- Proven track record as an administrator of a tertiary level institution (President, Vice-President, Dean, Campus Administrator, Academic Director reporting directly to either the President or Vice President), whether in public or private, for at least five (5) years
- Must not have been convicted of any administrative offense or of any crime involving moral turpitude.
An applicant who does not meet any one of the above mentioned minimum qualifications and cannot submit pertinent supporting documentary evidences for these minimum qualifications on the set deadline shall be disqualified from the Search Process.
- Formal Application Letter addressed to:
HON. PATRICIA B LICUANAN
Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
C.P. Garcia, UP Campus, Diliman, Quezon City
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, signed under oath (personal data, educational qualifications,, work experience including organizational chart of the institution showing the candidate’s position, research outputs and publications, extension activities, experience in resource generation, awards and certificates, conferences attended)
- Certified true copy of documents in support of the data stated in the Curriculum Vitae. The HRM Officer of the organization where the applicant comes from may certify to the authenticity of the documents provided that the original is presented to him/her for comparison.
- Proposed Vision, Mission and Development Goals for the SUC in not more than five (5) pages.
- Certificates/Clearances from the following government agencies, obtained not more than three (3) months from the date of filing of application, indicating that the applicant has not been convicted of any administrative or criminal offense:
- Sandigan Bayan
- Civil Service Commission (CSC)
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)
- Municipal/Regional Trial Court
- Ombudsman (For Govt. employees)
- Institution/Company where applicant is presently employed
- PSA (NSO) authenticated Birth Certificate
- Medical Certificate of Physical Fitness issued by a physician from a DOH-accredited health institution but not the same institution where the applicant is presently employed. Letterhead of hospital or clinic must indicate DOH accreditation number.
- Results of neuro-psychiatric examination conducted by a physician from DOH-accredited health institution but not the same institution where the applicant is presently employed. Results should be signed by a neuropsychiatric doctor. Letterhead of clinic/hospital must indicate DOH accreditation number. The test results shall also include a statement indicating the purpose for which the test is taken, e.g. “this test was taken in connection with the applicant’s application for the presidency of BISU.”The Search Committee reserves the right to verify the results of the examination.
- Duly accomplished CSC Form 212 made under oath
The Search Committee for the Presidency reserves the right to validate and verify the authenticity of documents submitted and the right to accept or reject any document that it deems to be questionable.
IMPORTANT: Interested applicants must submit one (1) set of original and six (6) certified photocopies of the aforementioned documents on or before 4th of May 2017, Thursday at 5:00p.m. (Philippine Standard Time) to:
HEDC Building, C.P. Garcia Avenue
UP Diliman, Quezon City
c/o HON. ELANO L. BAG-AO
Board of Regents’ Secretary
BISU Main Campus
(038) 422 8392 (Landline)